Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP/Controller replacement - how to steer APs to one controller rather than the other

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP/Controller replacement - how to steer APs to one controller rather than the other

Posted Mar 09, 2015 08:02 PM

We've got 80+ AP60/65 and a 3600 controller - working fine, but out dated and we're upgrading.

We've purchased 106+ AP205/275 and a 7200 controller to replace them all with.

In my grand plan, the 60/65 would stay on the 3600 controller until cut-day, and while most 205/275  would be dark until cut, a few would be brought up and would need a controller - which must be the 7200 since the 205 requires 6.4.x code, and the 6x APs can't run 6.4 code.

I thought the 60/65 would "know" their controller from the confiuration where they know their Master and LMS IP addresses, but forgot that the boot process will use the provisioned discovery method anyway.

Short of changing each existin APs provisioned discovery-method, is there a way to update the discovery method en masse?

Or, better, is there a way to tell the 7200 not to respond to ADP?

• 2.  RE: AP/Controller replacement - how to steer APs to one controller rather than the other
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 09, 2015 08:51 PM
    You should be able to disable it with the following:
    #configure terminal adp discovery disable

More details here:

www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_60/CLI/adp.htm

• 3.  RE: AP/Controller replacement - how to steer APs to one controller rather than the other

Posted Mar 09, 2015 09:06 PM

Well, that was too easy! I suppose I should have gone back to the manual ;)

Thanks for the quick response!