Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP aruba 103 (Hp's Product) connect to Controller OAW-4704-US (Alcatel's Product)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP aruba 103 (Hp's Product) connect to Controller OAW-4704-US (Alcatel's Product)

Posted Jul 07, 2017 02:30 AM

I try to connect AP Aruba 103 (HP's Product) to current Controller OAW-4704-US (Alcatel's Product), The AP connected, but it's Am-mode. I want to change to AP mode, i tried to change the Country code, but i can't find out US and Controller's firmware version too, but it's still Am-mode. Could you please show me how to change Am-mode to Ap-mode?

• 2.  RE: AP aruba 103 (Hp's Product) connect to Controller OAW-4704-US (Alcatel's Product)
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 07, 2017 05:58 AM

Officially this combination is unsupported, however, if you have the AP-103 (not IAP-103), and the firmware version on the controller supports the AP-103, there are reports that this may work.

If you do a 'show log all' on the controller, it will probably give you an indication why the AP went into AM mode. What happens sometimes is that you have a Rest-of-World AP and try to connect that on a US controller. That is not allowed by regulation, as US controllers and APs can only be used in the US and are not allowed outside the US; so a combination is not possible. The controller will switch the AP to Air Monitor to avoid that legal situation, with a message that is something like 'regulatory mismatch' in the system log.

• 3.  RE: AP aruba 103 (Hp's Product) connect to Controller OAW-4704-US (Alcatel's Product)

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:40 PM

Thanks so much for your support.