Wireless Access

Regular Contributor II

AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

We have upgraded a switch and started to move over the AP's (model 125). After about 2 minutes the switch log file shows the ports goes down then back up. I put it back to a Cisco 3560G and it is fine. Could this be because the 3560x is POE+?

Guru Elite

Re: AP's keeping rebooting on a Cisco 3560x

Please make sure the AP125 is connected to port enet0.

What version of code?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

The code version we are running is 5.0.3.3.

Yes, they are plugged into enet0.

Guru Elite

If you type "show log system 50" the access points will say why they rebooted.  you can also plug a console cable into the back of the AP to see the console output to see why.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor II

[ Edited ]

When I run , "show log system 50", it just tells me the Radio Stats and |fpapps| were either added or removed from a VLAN. I do not see anything telling about an AP down or rebooted.

I cannot get to the console port on the back beacuse they are on/above the ceiling.

Guru Elite

jcameron wrote:

When I run , "show log system 50", it just tells me the Radio Stats and |fpapps| were either added or removed from a VLAN. I do not see anything telling about an AP down or rebooted.

I cannot get to the console port on the back beacuse they are on/above the ceiling.

You have to do it while the AP is rebooting, because that log will roll over.  Try show log system all.  You might also want to open a support case in parallel.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: