Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP's provisioned to especific controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AP's provisioned to especific controller

Posted Mar 01, 2012 04:12 AM

Hi all!

i have 2 Aruba 650 controllers. One controller is master and the other is local. no redundancy is configured because our custumer don't have enough licenses, and they have 19 ap's, so it's no posible configure redundancy due to controller ap limitation (16 ap's).

I configured 2 apgroups, the local controller will have 13 ap's and the master 6 ap's. the apgroups are configured with LMS ip address pointing to expecific controller. when the ap's are provsioned the ap's should register in the controller that have the ip address configured in the apgroup(LMS), but sometimes when i reboot an ap it goes to the wrong controller and appears in the ap database flaged as 2IL (inactive unlicensed).

the controllers and the ap's are conected to the same layer 2 network, so maybe when the ap's boots it send a broadcast and it reach firts one controller than the other one, so the ap will register in the first one no matter wich apgroup is.

i would like to know if there is a way to provisioning each ap to register in a expecific controller ip address. i saw some paremeters in the AP INSTALLACTION>PROVISION, in master discovery, but i'm not sure what will the ap do if i change something.

thanks in advance!

• 2.  RE: AP's provisioned to especific controller
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 01, 2012 06:30 AM

@juancarlos.perezromero@telindus.es wrote:

Hi all!

i have 2 Aruba 650 controllers. One controller is master and the other is local. no redundancy is configured because our custumer don't have enough licenses, and they have 19 ap's, so it's no posible configure redundancy due to controller ap limitation (16 ap's).

I configured 2 apgroups, the local controller will have 13 ap's and the master 6 ap's. the apgroups are configured with LMS ip address pointing to expecific controller. when the ap's are provsioned the ap's should register in the controller that have the ip address configured in the apgroup(LMS), but sometimes when i reboot an ap it goes to the wrong controller and appears in the ap database flaged as 2IL (inactive unlicensed).

the controllers and the ap's are conected to the same layer 2 network, so maybe when the ap's boots it send a broadcast and it reach firts one controller than the other one, so the ap will register in the first one no matter wich apgroup is.

i would like to know if there is a way to provisioning each ap to register in a expecific controller ip address. i saw some paremeters in the AP INSTALLACTION>PROVISION, in master discovery, but i'm not sure what will the ap do if i change something.

thanks in advance!

The "Master Discovery" section has 3 lines.  Go to the third line and put the ip address all the way over to the right in the section called "Master Controller IP Address/DNS name".  

• 3.  RE: AP's provisioned to especific controller

Posted Mar 01, 2012 06:36 AM

thank you very much. i suppose this was the right option but i wasn't sure!