Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AP105 not pingable from anywhere

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP105 not pingable from anywhere

Posted Sep 26, 2013 11:39 AM

I have deployed 19 AP105 into a new site which are plugged into a Cisco 4510R+E switch. They have picked up an IP address via DHCP ( Vital QIP ) successfully and i can see the IP address and mac address on my switch but we cannot ping them from the same subnet or any other subnet but PC's on the same subnet are fine and we can ping them from anywhere. Has anyone got any ideas?

• 2.  RE: AP105 not pingable from anywhere

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 30, 2013 11:03 AM

@xbbknvf wrote:

I have deployed 19 AP105 into a new site which are plugged into a Cisco 4510R+E switch. They have picked up an IP address via DHCP ( Vital QIP ) successfully and i can see the IP address and mac address on my switch but we cannot ping them from the same subnet or any other subnet but PC's on the same subnet are fine and we can ping them from anywhere. Has anyone got any ideas?

This could happen if you have CPSEC enabled, due to routes in the access points created due to the ipsec connection with the controller.  Functionality should not be affected.  Please open a feature request on the support site if you would like Aruba to look into the functionality.