Wireless Access

Aruba

AP134 with dual element antenna

Hi,

I would like to be able to connect a dual element antenna to an AP134 (or AP114) and was wondering what connectors to use, if I set MCS to 0-15?

The reasons for this is that the gain and beamwidth I need is only provided by dual-element antennas.  I know I can use the AP104, but I'd need separate antennas for each band, and then mounts, lightening arrestors etc.

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Aruba

Re: AP134 with dual element antenna

Not a recommended/best-practices deployment.  Sounds like you already know that of course. 

That's a large investment (north of $1K) to get something in place that really isn't ever going to operate at it's full potential.

What are the gain and beamwidth that you need on each Band ?

Perhaps we can brainstorm up an alternative approach.

JF

Aruba

I need something like the AP-ANT-18 but an outdoor version with N-type connectors.  The AP will be inside with the antenna on the outside of the building.

It will be a mesh portal, meshing with an AP175 but I still need the client coverage, otherwise I'd use the AP92.

Although the AP104 is a good choice, the extra antenna, mount kit and 2 x lightening arrestors makes it more expensive than a single AP134 with antenna.

So, I'm thinking to use the ANT-2X2-D607, but with only two elements, which connectors to use on the AP134 (or AP114) if I can configure it to use only two chains or MCS0-15?

Appreciate the advice.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Aruba

any ideas on this?

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: