Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

AP305's rebooting frequently

I have around 300 ap 305s in airwave 8.2.3.1 running firmware 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768 all running on HPE 1920 poe+ switches across about 15 sites with about 15-20 per site.  At each of the sites i have a few AP's that reboot 15-20 times per day according to the "up" notifications that I get from Airwave.

Has anyone had any issues like this with the 305's, any suggestions on what the issue may be?

I will say that this only happens during the day i dont recieve this notifications in the evening.  

Is there possible power saving things that may be causing AP's to sleep or wake up?

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: AP305's rebooting frequently

Type "show log system all" on the controller and it should have the reboot reason for the AP when it comes up.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I have Airwave installed so it looks after the AP's.  I ssh'd into the Virtural Controller for that site and was not able to enter that command, I could do show system log and it only showed logs for that AP.  I ssh'd into the ap that restarted and there was no entry in there for the current date.

Is there another command to run or am I not trying in the correct spot.

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Try "show version"

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

show version shows

AP uptime is 8 weeks 1 day 18 hours 19 minutes 22 seconds
Reboot Time and Cause: AP rebooted caused by cold HW reset(power loss)

But I see that it drops from Airwave frequently.  So i am not sure  what is up with it.  f i am quick enough i can see that it registers as down, then it ups up and the status is verifing then good.

Guru Elite

What is the network between the Instant Cluster and Airwave?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Fibre connected. but its just 1-3 ap's that have this issue at a few of the sites. very odd.  And like i said it stops at the end of the day at 4-5 and then starts up again at 8 or 9.

Is there any logs on the switch in regards to POE when the AP's reboot? I've seen issues with AP's pulling high power due to the high client useage and then the switch port is bounced by the switch.
ACMA, ACMP
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

We have new HP 1920p poe+ switches that I am not too firmilar with.  I will see if I can figure out how to get some decent logs from them. looking through the menus it has looks like nothing helpful.  I will poke around the CLI

Thanks for the suggestion.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: