Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  About AP-365

Posted May 02, 2017 11:17 AM
      |   view attached

Hi guys,

I have received a new IAP 365 and I powered it on for configuring, but the GUI for this AP is like the following

ap-365.png

So I have no options for configuring anything. Have you ever seen this GUI from an IAP? Or do anyone have experience whis this AP series?

Attached also the boot output.

Many thanks,

Julián

Attachment(s)

txt
    putty.txt   10 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: About AP-365
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2017 12:57 PM
    This is the new Unifed AP please look at the 6.5.2 (AOS / InstantOS) release notes for more info

Please load the latest 6.5.2 InstantOS code if you are planning to use it as an instant and once you load the code and it reboots you will see the "Setup-last 4 of the AP" SSID broadcast instead of the "instant" SSID and then you should be able to configure it

Get Outlook for iOS

• 3.  RE: About AP-365

Posted May 02, 2017 04:04 PM

Hi Victor,

Yeah, it worked. Many thanks.

Regards,

Julián

• 4.  RE: About AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 08:41 AM

I have an issue in this model also , it run OS 6.5.2 . but it dont broadcast default  SSID (set up me ). but SSID is exist and enable on GUI . also i  create anther SSID but also it didn't broadcasting . please note that i power AP by poe switch not poe+ , i dont know if that can cause this problem ? 

also i have some question as it is the first time i deal with aruba .

I have 4 AP-365 and i need to work all of them in IAP virtual controller.

1-  how can i controll which one will be the virtual controller ?

2- what is the different between virtual controller ip and master ip ?

3- how to mange AP in VLAN and user will access AP in other VLAN ?

• 5.  RE: About AP-365

Posted Apr 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Hi eng.mbashar89,

Did you manage to do what Victor said?

Please load the latest 6.5.2 InstantOS code if you are planning to use it as an instant and once you load the code and it reboots you will see the "Setup-last 4 of the AP" SSID broadcast instead of the "instant" SSID and then you should be able to configure it

If you don't see the "Set me up" SSID, how did you get the GUI? Via the "instant" SSID? According to the datasheet, this is an AP 802.3af-compliant source, so it woudn't need POE+.

About the other:

1 - Generally the AP with higher uptime (the first you turned on) is the VC, but you can set an AP to be the VC via the preferred-master option.

2 - The master AP will always take the VC role.

Please take a look at the following two videos and you will get a basic understanding about Aruba Instant, and also they will answer your third question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXiltl8bnek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS9Q8aZXdZ0

Regards,

Julián