Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Active-Standby VRRP failure time

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Active-Standby VRRP failure time

Posted Jan 29, 2014 07:23 PM
    I have configured an Active-Standby controller setup with a VRRP address that the APs connect to. How long will it take the APs to associate to the Standby controller if/when the Active fails?

• 2.  RE: Active-Standby VRRP failure time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 07:34 PM

The VRRP flips over in two seconds.  You can have clients reconnecting in 15 seconds as long as the same vlans exist on the second controller.  It all depends on how many access points you have to fail over, of course.

• 3.  RE: Active-Standby VRRP failure time

Posted Jan 29, 2014 09:01 PM

i remenber i had to reboot last time one controller in High Avality 2 3400s... 

And i did it live when users were using the wireless network an a not peak hour.... we didnt recive any complains... 

Take in mind that these users are not users which were using Wifi for Voip or HD streaming or anything like that.

They use the Wifi for internet access or to access internal apps

Cheers

Carlos

• 4.  RE: Active-Standby VRRP failure time

Posted Jan 29, 2014 11:09 PM

Regardless of using VRRP or HA:FF, how will this affect active wireless calls?

• 5.  RE: Active-Standby VRRP failure time

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2014 11:17 PM

Changing the path that traffic takes results in packet loss when that path is altered.  There is no guarantee the call will be uninterrupted.