Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Active-Standby VRRP failure time

I have configured an Active-Standby controller setup with a VRRP address that the APs connect to. How long will it take the APs to associate to the Standby controller if/when the Active fails?
Guru Elite

Re: Active-Standby VRRP failure time

The VRRP flips over in two seconds.  You can have clients reconnecting in 15 seconds as long as the same vlans exist on the second controller.  It all depends on how many access points you have to fail over, of course.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

i remenber i had to reboot last time one controller in High Avality 2 3400s... 

And i did it live when users were using the wireless network an a not peak hour.... we didnt recive any complains... 

Take in mind that these users are not users which were using Wifi for Voip or HD streaming or anything like that.

They use the Wifi for internet access or to access internal apps

Cheers

Carlos

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
MVP

Regardless of using VRRP or HA:FF, how will this affect active wireless calls?

=======================================
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.
Guru Elite

Changing the path that traffic takes results in packet loss when that path is altered.  There is no guarantee the call will be uninterrupted.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: