Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Adding MDs and groups to the MM via CLI

This thread has been viewed 18 times
  • 1.  Adding MDs and groups to the MM via CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 10:11 AM

Anyone know how to quickly add  via CLI an MD or group in the Managed Network hierarchy of the MM?

• 2.  RE: Adding MDs and groups to the MM via CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 11:01 AM

I think I found it. But not sure of the right syntax. I believe I need to be under /md 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_81_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Configuration_Hierarchy/Config_Hierarchy.htm

Allowed Node Operations

The following node operations are allowed on Mobility Master:

Create Node: Creates a new node as the child of an existing node in the configuration hierarchy (system-generated or user-created)

Add Device: Associates a device to an existing node in the hierarchy. This device inherits configurations from all nodes between the root node and the device (node-path).

Delete Node: Deletes an existing user-created node or node without any child nodes. System-generated nodes cannot be deleted. Only leaf nodes without any child nodes can be deleted.

Delete Device: Deletes a currently associated device from the configuration hierarchy. This will cause the device to reload and erase all configurations received from Mobility Master.

Clone Node: Copies the configuration of an existing node into a new node. The new node is created as a child of an existing node in the hierarchy.

• 3.  RE: Adding MDs and groups to the MM via CLI
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 02:42 PM

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for?

Adding Group:

(mm03) [mynode] (config) #configuration node /md/TEST

(mm03) [mynode] (config) #cd /md
    /md
    /md/GUEST_T
    /md/PROD_DR_T
    /md/PRODUCTION_T
    /md/TEST
    <node-path>             Path of config node

(mm03) [mynode] (config) #cd /md

Adding MD:

(mm03) [mynode] (config) #configuration device MAC-OF-YOUR-MD device-model MODEL /md/YOUR_GROUP

• 4.  RE: Adding MDs and groups to the MM via CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 05:09 PM

Sure is :-) Thank you