Wireless Access

last person joined: 4 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:17 AM

Hi,

We have a master/local controller (6.4.4) set up with CPPM handling AirGroup access. I have a OSX server doing AirPrinting which suddenly stopped working.

The OSX server was suddenly no longer visible to clients and I thought it was because the APs and clients had moved to the secondary controller. I wasn't sure how to handle that, so I rebooted the AP and made sure it reconnected to the master (which it did).

However, even after doing so, the OSX server happily connects, but still is not visible to clients. It is showing up via show airgroup servers, but it is NOT showing up in the CPPM Guest>Manage Devices: active sessions, which is why I assume clients cannot see it.

Why isn't it showing up in the ClearPass active sessions (when it is in fact active)

Thanks!

--Ben

show airgroup servers mdns | begin a8:86:dd:ae:7a:5f
    a8:86:dd:ae:7a:5f  10.10.51.15    mDNS  csd8-cache1             airprint  2115  wireless        MEDIA-PLAYER-ROLE         csd-appletv-wireless  CHS-W3102-Hall

• 2.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 16, 2017 10:27 AM

Can you try running the following commands:

aaa user delete mac <server mac>

clear airgroup server <server mac>

And see if that helps

• 3.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi Victor,

I'm waiting to hear back from the remote location, but from the console side, everything looks the same as before.

Should it show up as having an active session in the ClearPass Guest Manager?

• 4.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:41 AM
    Is ClearPass being used for authentication or only as an AirGroup overlay?

• 5.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:42 AM
    The active sessions is based of RADIUS accounting not airgroup.

YOu can take a look at access tracker to see if the airgroup request are coming through for that server

• 6.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:54 AM

@Tim - Yes, CPPM does all the auth/guest etc

@Victor Attached is a screenshot of the CPPM access tracker, it looks correct to me

2017-03-16 11_52_01-ClearPass Policy Manager - Aruba Networks.png

• 7.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 24, 2017 10:14 AM

I ended up solving this, but I'm not entirely sure where the problem actually was. I did reboot the local controller to force all the AP's back to the master and I did some CPPM updates, but I THINK the problem may have actually been on the OSX "server".

Either way, it's working...and working is good!

• 8.  RE: AirGroup with ClearPass no sessions

Posted Mar 24, 2017 08:55 PM

In case you run into this issue again, you may want to double check if the local controller is also configured on ClearPass as an AirGroup controller so that AirGroup server updates can be sent to the local when needed.