Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.2.0 not showing rogues

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.2.0 not showing rogues

Posted Apr 26, 2016 11:08 AM

I recently noticed my Airwave server (version 8.2.0) was not showing any rogues. My controller however is. I wanted to see if anybody had this issue or knew of a way to change the settings back to default in case i acciedntly messed up a setting.

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0 not showing rogues
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2016 11:30 AM

We ran into this problem with our two Airwave Instances and I discovered the following in our logs that continuously occured with eachother ever since we upgraded to Airwave 8.2:
    1. Airwave Logs:  Error in SNMP polling: Timeout(thin_ap_rogue_client
    2. ArubaOS Logs: snmp[4156]: <301247> <WARN> Processing of GET(next) request failed

We contacted TAC and they've ran into this problem before. They have a patch for this issue, believe it was called, RAPIDS_FIX_8201. Note this also affected our "AP Neighbors" under "AP Monitoring".

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.2.0 not showing rogues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2016 03:52 AM

This issue seems fixed in Airwave 8.2.0.2. From the release notes:

DE25333 Symptom: An issue is resolved where AirWave was processing incoming rogue data but not
    correctly updating the AP database.
    Scenario: In a previous releases of AirWave 8.2.x, rogue AP data was processed by AirWave
    but not stored in the database, preventing rogue devices from correctly appearing in the
    RAPIDs overview pages.