Wireless Access

Contributor I

AppRF Issues

I've recently gotten my hand on a 7010 controller w/ OS 6.4.2.4 and PEF licensing and trying out AppRF. So far the data seems promising however whenever I try and setup a global policy for blocking or throttling specific traffic (i.e. Facebook, Skype, etc) it seems clients can't connect to sites or applications however they stay connected to wireless and ICMP traffic seems fine. As soon as the policy is removed everything functions fine.

Anyone run into this issue or have any ideas before I open up a support case?

Guru Elite

Re: AppRF Issues

Can you run "show datapath session table " on a test client when it's happening and see if traffic is passing? Anything that is blocked will be indicated by a D flag. 

Also, do you have DPI enabled in the global firewall and do you have dns lookups enabled with dns servers defined? 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Re: AppRF Issues

Well this might have been an issue with 6.4.2.0 as further testing once I upgraded to 6.4.2.4 seems like it's working fine... weird. Anyways does anyone know if there is a way to QoS specific ports for applications that aren't on the lists? Our company uses a video service call Vidyo which is sorta like Skype but isn't on the list.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: