Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Apple Device Clasification in AOS 5.X

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Apple Device Clasification in AOS 5.X

Posted Apr 15, 2012 05:04 PM

Hi Experts,

I would like to classify my Apple Mobile device coming to my network to a  single SSID , how can we achieve that , is this possible  with  Aos 5.0.X.... is there any  step-by- step configuration Documnt avilable for referance .

I have read about MDAC and BYOD but for that We need 6.x . can we do anything similar with 5.x .

Requirement is one SSID for Apple Device . onlhy apple device can connect  to that SSID

Best Regards

Sansk

• 2.  RE: Apple Device Clasification in AOS 5.X

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 15, 2012 05:58 PM

@sanskwt wrote:

Hi Experts,

I would like to classify my Apple Mobile device coming to my network to a  single SSID , how can we achieve that , is this possible  with  Aos 5.0.X.... is there any  step-by- step configuration Documnt avilable for referance .

I have read about MDAC and BYOD but for that We need 6.x . can we do anything similar with 5.x .

Requirement is one SSID for Apple Device . onlhy apple device can connect  to that SSID

Best Regards

Sansk

Sansk,

You cannot do device classification or DHCP fingerprinting unless you are using ArubaOS 6.x and above.