Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 325 AP Firmware Upgrade | Managed by 7010 Controller

This thread has been viewed 36 times
  • 1.  Aruba 325 AP Firmware Upgrade | Managed by 7010 Controller

Posted Mar 22, 2018 12:19 PM

Kindly let me know how how can we check and upgrade the AP 325 firmware which is managed by 7010 controller.
    controller firmware details: ArubaOS 6.5.4.3 (Build Number: 61959)

• 2.  RE: Aruba 325 AP Firmware Upgrade | Managed by 7010 Controller

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 22, 2018 12:27 PM

You will need to obtain the required firmware from the Support site (https://support.arubanetworks.com/). When you upgrade the firmware on the controller this will in turn upgrade the firmware on the AP's. 

Within the release notes for each firmware there is details on how you can perform a backup and also the upgrade as well.

Note you will need a valid support contract in order to access the Support site.

If you wish to check the ArubaOS version running on your controller/AP, use the following command:

#show version

• 3.  RE: Aruba 325 AP Firmware Upgrade | Managed by 7010 Controller

Posted Mar 22, 2018 12:38 PM

Thanks for the quick response.

so my understanding is when controller firmware is updated then AP autimatically download the firmware from controller, am i correct? (our controller version is: ArubaOS 6.5.4.3 (Build Number: 61959), so same OS will have AP itself).

unfortunately we don't have a valid account with http://support.arubanetworks.com/.

could you please tell me is there any new release for 6.5.xx

• 4.  RE: Aruba 325 AP Firmware Upgrade | Managed by 7010 Controller
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 22, 2018 12:52 PM

Hi, that is correct. Upgrading the controller will cause the AP's to reboot and upgrade their image. The latest train of code for 6.5 is ArubaOS 6.5.4.6. After this you will be looking at ArubaOS 8.x.