Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 3400 configuration issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba 3400 configuration issues

Posted Nov 22, 2011 12:51 PM

Background:

We currently have an aruba800 installed and running - however there are some issues with the configuration so we wanted to clean it up.

We currently have 8 ap65, 1 airmonitor supporting 160 employees and it does work well. (at least until the controller decides to reboot for no reason...)

Currently we are deploying an aruba 3400 to replace the 800, I am in the process of configuring it - however when the 800 was deployed, we had a vendor set it up - so there is a lot I have no clue why or how they did it.

Here's my problem - I'm trying to create a new virtual AP, or a user policy, user role, system role... Etc - all the buttons are greyed out

It is as if the admin account isn't an admin and can't make changes - any guidance would be greatly appreciate.

Lirria

• 2.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 12:59 PM

You have alot going on.  What controller are you logged into when the buttons are greyed out?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:01 PM

The 3400 - for some reason i can't seem to change pretty much anything - but I feel like I'm missing the big oh click here button if you know what I mean.

:)

Lirria

• 4.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:03 PM

Is the 3400 controller a local to that 800?  If so, you can only make changes on the Master in a master/local relationship.

If it is not a local, then you might be logged in as a non-admin user.

• 5.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues

Posted Nov 22, 2011 01:08 PM

It is set up as local (when it was master that caused all kinds of chaos on the network).

So I guess I'm just very confused. I was hoping having it as local that I would be able to create new profiles etc - but it sounds like I can only do that on the 800 - ok - so how do I get the 800 profiles on the 3400?

We just have some issues with the permissions on the 800 and have had to create multiple ssid's to resolve it - but sounds like I need to get those issues fixed to get this working (I think....)

Just having trouble wrapping my brain around this silly controller today - it's not that difficult - just not making sense...

Lirria

• 6.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues

Posted Nov 22, 2011 03:36 PM

When you make global configuration changes on the master controller, the global configurations are pushed to the locals whenever you save config (write mem) on the master.

global configs include things like VAP create/modification, roles, fire wall policies among other things.

Hope that helps,

Kevin

• 7.  RE: Aruba 3400 configuration issues

Posted Nov 22, 2011 03:39 PM

Thank you - cjoseph has been a huge help in getting this working. I now get what I was missing - one of the many issues was the controller versions were different - once we fixed that things worked much better - cjoseph spent a bunch of time working with me on this. Way awesome job! thank you for all the help.

Lirria