Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba 6000 controller update roadmap

Hello Airheads Community,

I have an Aruba 6000 controller that runs ArubaOS 5.0.4.16 and planning to update it to the new supported version. While I do this, which ArubaOS version should I choose. I wonder if the new version software will slow down the controller or if it effects the stability and manageability. Which ArubaOS version is best for this controller. What path should I follow to upgrade?

Thank you.

MVP

Re: Aruba 6000 controller update roadmap

The 6000 controller (or M3) is end of sale:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/#MobilityControllers

Depending on the model of your supervisor card, the last ArubaOS version you can install is 5.0.x.x (for Supervisor I or II), or 6.4.x.x (for M3).

Aruba OS 5.0 is end-of-support; ArubaOS 6.4 will be officially supported for another 4-5 years (see exact date in the link above).

Read the release notes for the software you will be installing on any limitations. There are quite some customers still running 6.4 on M3 modules. If you have further questions, reach out to your Aruba partner or Aruba Sales team.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Aruba 6000 controller update roadmap

[ Edited ]

Herman,

Thank you for prompt reply and advices. We use Aruba 6000 with Supervisor II. Currently running 5.0.4.16. Probably, we choose 5.0.4.17.  

The reason for the update, occasionally, some of clients that connected APs are having connectivity problem. After restarting the controller, everyhtings works well. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: