Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Aruba 7210 Master Stand-alone Controller help

I was able to procure an Aruba 7210 and AP-335 for my home lab and was wondering if anyone could help or point me in the direction of configuring the 7210 as the master stand-alone . I have a Juniper EX-4200-48PX Switch so I do have a way to power the access point. Any help is greatly apprecaited and have done some research on configuring my setup but have only come accross vides/documents on configuring the 7210 as the master controller with 7000 series switches as the local controllers. Currently only have the once access point and my add a couple more as time progresses but not anytime soon.
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba 7210 local/Master Controller help

What version of ArubaOS?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

The Controller is 8.0.0.0 (build 55647) another question i have how do i go about upgrading that to the latest ArubaOS?

I appreciate the quick replay and any help you can provide.

Guru Elite

The 7210 does not come with ArubaOS 8.0 by default.  Where did you download it from?  You typically need a support contract to download the latest ArubaOS...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

I didnt download it that is what the controller came with.

Guru Elite

Any controller that comes from HPE would not have 8.x on it.  With that being said, if you got it from a distributor, the distributor could have loaded it on your controller and you probably would have to contact them to find out how you should upgrade.  We are up to 8.2.x right now, and running 8.0 is not recommended...

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Ok i have the updated os 8.2.1.0
Aruba Employee

Is there more than one controller in your lab? What master controller is the 7210 going to be a local for?

Charlie Clemmer
Occasional Contributor I

Currently all I have is the 7210 controller and the AP-335 I do not have a 7000 series controller and want to get this small setup working with what I currently have.
Occasional Contributor I

I also purchased the license for the 1 access point (JW471AAE).
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: