Wireless Access

Contributor I

Aruba OS 8.2.0.2 Cluster not coming up in L2 Connected

Anyone else since a cluster not come up in L2 connected status after verifing network vlan tags to the controllers, vlans on the controller, and noticing MCs are mismatching on non-exisiting vlans? Currently have a TAC case open...

Also any heads up on OS 8.3 or 8.2.1 release?

Re: Aruba OS 8.2.0.2 Cluster not coming up in L2 Connected

Do you have any additional VLANs configured for each controller ?

Thank you

Pardon typos sent from Mobile
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Contributor I

nope the vlans that it is mismatching on do not exisit anywhere in the configuration of either controller. TAC CERT guys is also stumped on the issue.

New Contributor

Check which vlans are not properly working on the vlan-probe status.

I think the command is "show lc-cluster vlan-probe status", I had to remove vlan 1 from the configuration to make it a L2 cluster instead of a L3.

The command for that is 'lc-cluster exclude-vlan "1"'

Do that on each MD that is configured inside the cluster. Also, I suggest you follow the configuration on the Aruba Solution Exchange (https://ase.arubanetworks.com/).

Hope you find the problem!

Cheers.

Frequent Contributor I

Also, if you are using a native vlan on the upstream trunk, try excluding that as well.

#AirheadsMobile
Contributor I

Alright so we figured it out. 

1st there is a display bug on the MM when viewing the clusters. If a cluster is in L3 and has mismatch vlans and the vlan are atleast in my case 2790, 2989, 2990 the gui displays 2,790 / 2,989 / 2,990 making it look like 2 different vlans but possibly displaying the number like your tradition school 1,000 in math. This is confusing when in network you don't insert a comma.

2nd the stack of cisco 3850 these controllers are attached to allowed us to create an ip interface for a vlan that didn't actually exisit. created the vlan and 2790 was up and working

3rd i am in the process of moving configuration from a 6.4.4.16 code to new 8.2.0.2 by rebuilding the configuration to clean it up. By accident vlan 2989-2990 made it into our new 8.2.0.2 instance when it shouldn't have. deleted those vlans and now l2 connected.

Regular Contributor I

Good troubleshooting and fixing it!

On to the next.....

Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744

If you like my posts, kudo's are welcome. If it solves your problem, please click 'Accept as Solution'
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: