Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba alternative to Cisco command

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba alternative to Cisco command

Posted Dec 08, 2011 06:22 AM

Hi,

Back in august, attached to some cisco release notes was this:

Clients Using WPA/WPA2 and Power Save May Fail to Authenticate

Certain clients using WPA/WPA2 key management and power save can take many attempts to

authenticate or, in some cases, fail to authenticate. Any SSID defined to use authentication

key-management WPA, coupled with clients using power save mode and authenticating using

WPA/WPA2 can experience this problem.

A hidden configure level command, dot11 wpa handshake timeout, can be used to increase the timeout

between sending the WPA key packets from the default value (100 ms) to a value between 101 and 2000

ms. The command stores its value in the configuration across device reloads.

Anyone know if there's an aruba alternative to this command or where it may be/how it may be worded in the Web UI?

Also, if you know of the relevence of this command, what would you set it to, if not the default and what is the default for aruba, if different from the above?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Aruba alternative to Cisco command

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2011 06:42 AM

Cisco would have to explain what clients they are talking about for Aruba to say specifically.

• 3.  RE: Aruba alternative to Cisco command

Posted Dec 08, 2011 08:24 AM

I'm more on the Cisco side and only use Airwave to monitor our autonomous Cisco AP's, but I don't think I would change the default setting unless I verified that we were actually experiencing an issue.  100ms is a pretty long delay already, so if there is a setting that can be changed I would advice you increase it in small increments (say 50-100ms) until the problem is remedied.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.