Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

ArubaOS 6.5.4.5 AP Image Preload

We upgraded this morning to ArubaOS 6.5.4.6 and we use the AP impage preload tool before we reboot the controller onto the new firmware.  I noticed in New features of 6.4.5.5 it says 'No Support for AP Image Preload'.  I would argue that this isn't a 'new' feature or enhancement but can someone tell me what it means by not supported?

The commands that it lists as not supported are still available to run on the controller and the option is still there in the GUI.  

Guru Elite

Re: ArubaOS 6.5.4.5 AP Image Preload

There is a problem with the image preload process where it would randomly fail.  Until it is completely fixed, it is disabled.  Please bookmark this space for details.

It is still in the GUI and commandline, but it should not run.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase

Hello

I spotted this too it's also been removed from conservative branch releases (6.5.3.x). We managed to go from 6.5.3.1 to 6.5.3.6 using pre load even though its gone in the latter release. One of our controllers did get stuck though.

Our Aruba Technical contact told us:

"It’s being fixed in AOS 8.3 and “should” eventually be ported back into AOS 6.5.x"

Hope that helps

Alexander.

University Information Services
University of Cambridge
ryh
Contributor II

Will this have an effect on MM 8.2+ with the cluster live-upgrade process -- perhaps cause the AP reboot process to happen twice for each wave?

Guru Elite

AP image pre-load is supported in existing 8.x release. Live upgrade will continue to work from 8.2.0.x to 8.2.1 and going forward with other 8.x releases.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Contributor II

Colin-

I see this in resolved issue notes on 6.5.4.7:

172758 Symptom: The AP image preload operation failed when executed from a
controller. The fix ensures that the AP image preload operation works as
expected.
Scenario: This issue was observed in 7240 controllers running ArubaOS
6.5.4.0 or later versions. Controller-
Platform 7240 con-
trollers ArubaOS 6.5.4.0 ArubaOS

Does this re-introduce the ap image predownload feature on the 6.x train on all platforms that had been disabled?  Or is this a specific fix for the 7240s?

Kevin Schoenfeld

Guru Elite

It does reenable it, but AP image preload is only supported on the 7200 series controllers.  That does not change.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
New Contributor

Has the preload been pulled back out of 6.5.4.8? I'm attemping to move from 6.5.4.6 up to 6.5.4.8 and I'm getting the message that AP image preload is not supported in this release.

- Chris

Guru Elite

Yes it has been removed temporarily.

ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: