Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

ArubaOS: Are references to the RF-Plan database obsolete?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS: Are references to the RF-Plan database obsolete?

Posted Jun 04, 2015 10:05 AM

I think there is corruption in our WMS database (we are using 6.4.2.6 on a master controller with four local controllers).  It's OK if there is, we hadn't been using it for anything much, but now we would like to start using it and we want a clean starting point.  So it looks like we want to use "wms clean-db", "write mem", "reload."  HOWEVER, there are also references in other articles to "wms reinit-db."  Reinit-db appears to call "wms clean-db" and then also wipe something called the "RF-Plan database."  I have VisualRF on my AirWave servers, but on my Controllers I know of no such RF-Plan database.  So exactly what is the difference between clean-db and reinit-db?  Does reinit-db do anything other than wipe the WMS database?   Is there any reason why I would not want to run it?  Are references to a "RF-Plan" database on 6.4 Controllers obsolete?