Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

A happy new you airheads,

At a customer I`ve built up a test station consisting of Controller 7010 and AP-225 to provide the guests a free wifi.

It also works everything wonderfully, however, it is quite different how the clients behave. The following procedure would be required:

Access the open WiFi -> automatically open the captive portal -> enter the access data which the guest receives as a voucher -> and be happy.

However, it is currently the case for most devices:

Open WiFi -> and here is nothing more, only when the user himself open a webbrowser, the Captive Portal also opened and he has the possibility to enter his access data from the Voucher.

Is this a setting thing? Can`t this automation be archieved because of the amount of different Clients? What irritates me, 2x iPhone 6 with iOS10.2 and with the one came the Captive Portal by itself, with the other the same behavior as with most end devices currently.

Thanks in advance for your support.

Guru Elite

Re: Automaticly open captive portal after joining unsecured wifi

Are you using an internal captive portal on the controller or an external captive portal?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hallo Colin Joseph, i`m using the internal captive portal of the controller. Controller is also on latest firmware.

Guru Elite

Do you have a custom captive portal enabled?  Unless you have the apple-cna-bypass option enabled, the captive portal should come up:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_65x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/1CommandList/aaa_authentication_captive.htm?Highlight=apple-cna-bypass

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Community Administrator

@d4mn Were you able to find a resolution based on @cjoseph suggestions?

CWNA, ACMP, Security +

@JamieE yes, thanks for your answer. I accepted the provided solution now. Have a nice weekend

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: