Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

Would like to know if the AP is RAP and in bridge mode.

Can I have bandwidth control base on per user or per SSID ?

Guru Elite

Re: Bandwidth control per user on the same SSID in RAP

Not in bridge mode, no.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Occasional Contributor I

Hi Tim

Any solution ?

Do I need to put in a controller in my banch office to do this bandwidht control base on per user or based on the SSIDs ?

What are the possible solutuions ?

Guru Elite

ngiekeong,

All you can use is the RAP-bandwidth-reservation for certain applications in bridge mode:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/Remote_AP/Uplink_Bandwidth_Reserva.htm?Highlight=reservation

Basically you set the bandwidth for certain  application traffic and the bandwidth of your uplink and it will reserve bandwidth for your specific applications.  All of the remaining traffic will be constrained to what is left of the uplink parameter.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

If you can't change the bridge forwarding mode, one option is to use IAPs rather than RAPs.   If you setup IAPs at these sites and then utilize the IAP-VPN functionality for HQ connectivity (if required) rather than a traditional controller-based RAP, you could have the bandwidth controls you are seeking at that site.

Alternatively, you could consider a 7005 controller which coud serve the APs at the branch for a traditional controller-based architecture.

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: