Wireless Access

Contributor II

Bonjour services issue

Hi All,

I am facing problem with mac book pro and iphone connecting to apple TV via aruba WIFI.

I have placed OS x devices , iOS devices and apple tv's on same vlan but with different SSID's and Roles. When im mirroring with mac book pro and iphone , it works for a while and mirroring stops and mac book pro, iphone stops discovering apple tv . When i disconnect mac book and Ios and reconnect i can mirror again. When mirroring stops, i see apple tv and mac book pro, ios are not disassociated from network.

Apple TV and MAC book pro are connected to same AP.

Configuration summary:

version: 6.2.1.2

No broadcast and multicast dropped.

I have enabled BC/MC optimization at SSID level.

MAC Book pro and iphone---> role---> allowall

Apple TV----> role--->  i have allowed everything in that subnet ( MAC BOOK PRO and IOS) and deny all

What could be the issue?????i have tried troubleshooting but i couldnt understand the issue

Warm Regards

Srikanth

Guru Elite

Re: Bonjour services issue

You should try allowing everything, not just everything in the subnet.  Bonjour discovery packets are a broadcast and the destination is not a subnet.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

ok i got it.

Can i allow specific multicast address 224.0.0.251 for that apple tv role .

Warm Regards

Srikanth

Guru Elite

You should also consider moving to 6.3 and using AirGroup.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Guru Elite

srikanthsoogoor wrote:

ok i got it.

Can i allow specific multicast address 224.0.0.251 for that apple tv role .

Warm Regards

Srikanth

You can, but that probably is not everything that you need to add.  First start making it an allowall rule to see if your problem is fixed.  Next use "show datapath session table <ip address of apple device>" on the commandline to see the traffic that is passing back and forth.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: