Wireless Access

Bridge ssid and server rule for different vlan

I could test this easy enough in the lab, but won't have access to it for a while so hopefully someone can answer.

We will be putting some clinets onto a different vlan by the use of server rules such that they get a different role with a different vlan in it.  I was wondering if the ssid is in bridge mode, will this traffic still get bridged and tagged with the appropriate vlan?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Valued Contributor II

Re: Bridge ssid and server rule for different vlan

Hi,

In my knowledge, It depends on which device the user traffic is getting terminated. as you said SSID is on bridge mode, surely traffic is not going to terminate on the controller hence check device (other than the Controller)which is the RADIUS client . if that device is capable of mapping Role and VLAN, this scenario may be possible.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Guru Elite

Michael_Clarke wrote:

I could test this easy enough in the lab, but won't have access to it for a while so hopefully someone can answer.

We will be putting some clinets onto a different vlan by the use of server rules such that they get a different role with a different vlan in it.  I was wondering if the ssid is in bridge mode, will this traffic still get bridged and tagged with the appropriate vlan?

Vlan derivation is not supported in bridge or split tunnel mode http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/Which-of-the-derived-vlans-take-priority-if-UDR-MAC-auth-and/ta-p/177432

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

can the  802.1X authentication  in the bridge mode.

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
Guru Elite

Yes, but it will be placed into the Virtual AP VLAN.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Valued Contributor II

Yes we can do dot1x with Bridge mode.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]

cjoseph wrote:

Yes, but it will be placed into the Virtual AP VLAN.

Colin, thanks for the link.  Seems the only way to achieve this is with a different ssid, which is what I was trying to avoid by using the vlan derivation by way of a server-rule.

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: