Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Campus bridge mode 802.1q

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Campus bridge mode 802.1q

Posted Jun 04, 2012 10:57 AM
    Hi, I am looking for a definitive answer on whether user traffic can be directed to a different vlan to the ap when campus bridge mode is in use. The ap will be using port e0 only connected to a trunk port on our access switch. We want the user traffic to be directed to a separate vlan on the same access switch. Is this possible?
    Thanks

• 2.  RE: Campus bridge mode 802.1q

Posted Jun 04, 2012 11:06 AM

Yes, you can have the AP use VLAN x as the native VLAN on a trunk and thats where it will get it's IP address.  You can then create a bridge mode SSID and place VLAN y in the VAP configuration.  Users that connect to the bridge mode SSID will have their traffic tagged (802.1q) with VLAN y and sent to your access switch.

The port on the access switch must be in trunk mode and have VLAN x as the native and allow VLAN y on the trunk.

• 3.  RE: Campus bridge mode 802.1q

Posted Oct 04, 2013 10:49 AM

I recently had the same question and I finally got it to work just as you described here.  The only remaining question I had is wether or not vlan pools are supported on bridge mode VAP's?

• 4.  RE: Campus bridge mode 802.1q

Posted Jun 04, 2012 11:36 AM
    Great, thanks for the fast reply.