Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power suply?

Hi,

Question like the subject. Does it matter?

Mariusz

Guru Elite

Re: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power su

You could, but why would you?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Can/Can't I or Should/Shouldn't I connect AP to PoE switch and at the same time to power su

I have a couple of APs installed in hard to reach places. There is posibility to connect them to power suply there.

If for some reason I have to change PoE switch for non PoE switch I will have working APs. Does it make sense?

Please don't care my English, I know I'm not very good :-) And I don't want to be unkind, if I am, I'm sorry, it the result of my knowledge of English :-(

sure makes sense in that case. giving yourself options. hopefully you can easily turn the external power off for a hard reset if it is needed.

Hi,

in this case way you do not use Power Injector ?

mtopczewski wrote:

I have a couple of APs installed in hard to reach places. There is posibility to connect them to power suply there.

If for some reason I have to change PoE switch for non PoE switch I will have working APs. Does it make sense?

Please don't care my English, I know I'm not very good :-) And I don't want to be unkind, if I am, I'm sorry, it the result of my knowledge of English :-(

Raouf CHAHBOUNE
ICT Network & Security Engineer
CCNP R/S | CCNA Security | ACMP|ACCP|ACDX

[If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.]
BBF

I thought i read that if both are connected the DC power source will be used.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: