Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can I connect 2 MSRs with 2 antenna each antenna will be connected to the other antenna ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can I connect 2 MSRs with 2 antenna each antenna will be connected to the other antenna ?

Posted Aug 19, 2014 03:46 PM

if I have 2 MSRs and 2 Antenas on each 1 for example:

MSR-1 connected on both radios ANT-5314

MSR-2 connected on both radios ANT-5314

now I will create a mesh on channel 149 on Radio-0 interface on each MSR

and Radio-1 I will create a mesh on channel 153.

does that will increase the throughput?

• 2.  RE: Can I connect 2 MSRs with 2 antenna each antenna will be connected to the other antenna ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 19, 2014 03:52 PM

There is no 'wireless etherchannel' like you are describing, there would just be two links, and would require special network separation with different VLANs to try and use the two radios simultaneously between two APs. It was just never designed for that use case so is not supported. You can use the second radio to go to a different AP in a different direction. 

Also note that you would need substantial antenna separation between the two radios' antennas since they would both be aimed in the same direction. Even using different non-overlapping HT40 channels, there is still enough interference to degrade both links due to ACI (esp when coupled with the overlapping high gain antennas). 

note too that both antenna leads should be connected to the same radio (R0-0 and R0-1, or R1-0 and R1-1, etc). If you only have one antenna connected per radio, you are not getting full MIMO rates. You should instead connect both antenna leads from the 5314 to the same radio (R0) and configure the mesh link using HT40, instead of trying to shoehorn a 2xHT20.