Wireless Access

last person joined: an hour ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?

Posted May 31, 2014 05:13 AM

Can a AP-225 support 90 devices in the environment of 3 classrooms. With condition of no coverage issue accross the 3 classrooms

• 2.  RE: Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 05:26 AM

The user experience is best if they are in the same room with the access point.  If a user needs to connect to an access point on the other side of the wall, the user experience decreases.  It gets even worse if the access point has many users on it.

If you have 30 users per classroom and there is no concrete between the classrooms, I would deploy an access point every other classroom to be conservative.  If it is in every other classroom, make sure that the access point is placed in the room where you know the majority of your users will be using the wireless (rooms that have laptop carts regularly deployed, etc).  If there is concrete or rebar between the rooms, you would need an access point every classroom.

The answer to your question is no.

I hope this helps.

• 3.  RE: Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?

Posted May 31, 2014 07:49 AM

Hi Colin Joseph,

Thanks for the reply.

As the case i had already depoyed only one AP as mentioned environment and the maximum associate value is set to 90(default 64), will it happen that the some of the users may having problem to conenect to AP even through they can get the not bad signal strength?

What can i do to make sure that all 90 users are able to connect to that AP at once and do a basic browsing to internet ?

• 4.  RE: Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 07:52 AM

If you set it to 90, that is all that you can do.  It is hard enough to get 90 users in the same room on one access point.  If they are different rooms, performance will suffer.

Ideally you would place another access point to share the load.

• 5.  RE: Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?
    Best Answer

Posted May 31, 2014 08:33 AM

• 6.  RE: Can a AP-225 support 90 devices connection?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 09:03 AM

I think you should ask the person who posted the Tutorial.