Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Can't Change Master Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Can't Change Master Controller

Posted Sep 12, 2018 02:15 AM

Hey All,

My company recently took over a business that had their previous IT people set up 30 IAS-315 WAP's. Unfortunately they just bailed on us and did not give us the password to log in to the master controller. I believe the controller is set up through a config on all of the Access Points. Unfortunately, if I bring one down(they're all on ceilings) and reset it. The momentI hook it back up the network it just overrides what I did and locks me out since I don't know the credentials. Is there a way I can change the Master? Right now, it's looking like I'm going to have to go to each individual Access Points and bring them down from the ceiling and do a hard reset. Helpppppppppppp

• 2.  RE: Can't Change Master Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2018 02:19 AM

If those are instant APs, they are designed so that you cannot reset the password, unfortunately.   Otherwise, someone would just be able to take one and obtain your whole config.

• 3.  RE: Can't Change Master Controller

Posted Sep 12, 2018 01:15 PM

Is there any other way by chance? I have physical access to the POE switches. My issue is there's 30 of them on the ceiling and I really don't want to climb up to the ceiling and grab every single one.