Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Capitive Portal no login page showing not Access Denied but can browse

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Capitive Portal no login page showing not Access Denied but can browse

Posted Apr 05, 2013 10:33 PM

Hello  All!!

I am wondering if someone could help me locate this problem that just popped up, I have a captive portal page created to basically have an "I accept" button and they get logged on as a guest.  I followed the knowledge base here:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-154

This has worked in the past, but we updated the html file because the external calls for external pages was not working correctly.  Even support said there was a scripting error.  Long story short, I made a simple html page, and now when a user click I accept they get this error:

http://10.200.0.10/auth/index.html/u?errmsg=Access%20denied

What is interesting, that if they user continues to open another browser, they are able to surf.

Here is my I accept code:

<form name="form1" method="post" action="/auth/index.html/u"><span
    class="bodytext">
    <input id="email" name="email" value="user@company.com" class="text"
    accesskey="e" type="hidden"><input name="cmd" value="authenticate"
    type="hidden">
    <input name="Login" value="I ACCEPT" class="button" type="submit"></input></span>
    </form> </p>

What is even more odd, is I uploaded the old page, and still seeing the same error.  At a lost.......HELP!!!!!

• 2.  RE: Capitive Portal no login page showing not Access Denied but can browse

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2013 06:59 AM

If you are working with support, you should continue to work with support, because they have your detailed information.  That is also the best chance you have of solving this.

In addition, make sure the Captive Portal authentication profile has "Guest Login" and/or "User Login" enabled depending on what you want to do.