Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive Portal Page Modification

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Captive Portal Page Modification

Posted Oct 30, 2013 12:11 PM

Can we design a captive portal page which allow users to change their login password or add some functionality like forget your password etc.

My question is for both internalDb and external Captive portal server.

• 2.  RE: Captive Portal Page Modification
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2013 09:05 PM

Syed, Yes - this is achievable by leveraging the Aruba ClearPass Guest registration portal but I do not see a means to do this based upon the InternalDB configuration of either the controller or IAP based internal CP capabilities.

From the ClearPass Guest Deployment Guide found here:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=10987

<snip>

The Aruba ClearPass Guest self-service portal is accessed through a separate link that must be published to guests. The page name for the portal is derived from the registration page name by appending “_portal”.

When the self-service portal is enabled, a Go To Portal link is displayed on the list of guest self-registration pages, and may be used to determine the URL that guests should use to access the portal. The portal offers guests the ability to log in with their account details, view their account details, or change their password. Additionally, the Reset Password link provides a method allowing guests to recover a forgotten account password.

</snip>

Untitled.png

If you are not familiar with our ClearPass Guest product, you can request an eval thru your friendly neighborhood Aruba SE :)

While I'm sure you could write an interface to connect to a home-grown captive portal with a AAA backend including the means to change the password of a user - why re-invent the wheel? ClearPass is core the the Aruba Product portfolio and the feature functionality exists today.

Cheers, Adam

• 3.  RE: Captive Portal Page Modification

Posted Nov 01, 2013 06:16 AM

Thank Adam,

Your provided information is truely very very helpful. But in my case unfortunately i do not have Clearpass installed. we need to get it done with Aruba controller or with external captive portal server in worst case.

• 4.  RE: Captive Portal Page Modification

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2013 08:07 AM

You cannot do this with an Aruba Controller.  If this is for guest users, you have to purchase/write your own solution to do this.

• 5.  RE: Captive Portal Page Modification

Posted Nov 01, 2013 08:09 AM
    Thanks Colin