Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Captive portal profile

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Captive portal profile

Posted Mar 15, 2012 10:46 AM

HI,

please what i need to know, i have more than CP profile and more than SSID and i need to associat each CP profile to each SSID as if i have x&y SSID and x&y CP so i need the user added to database of CP x connected to CP ssid x, and user added to database of CP y connected to ssid y, then what i see we need to separate the internal database that associat with each CP profile, i need how to do that?

• 2.  RE: Captive portal profile

Posted Mar 15, 2012 10:50 AM

You need 2 AAA profiles with different initial roles.  The AAA profile for x would have initial role of init-role-x and in init-role-x, you would assign captive portal profile x.  The AAA profile for y would have initial role of init-role-y and in init-role-y, you would assign captive portal profile y.

You cannot separate the internal db.  You would need to have an external authentication server (or maybe 2) if you want to only allow certain users onto x and others onto y.

• 3.  RE: Captive portal profile

Posted Mar 15, 2012 10:56 AM

The captive portal profile is associated to the initial role that the user falls into which is defined as part of your AAA profile. So you can create two AAA profiles with different initial roles associated to each AAA profile and then map the two Captive portal profiles to the different initial roles. So users falling into initial role 1 will be associated to one captive portal profile while the other set of users falling into a different initial role will be associated to a different captive portal profile.