Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Cellphone release IP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cellphone release IP

Posted Mar 30, 2015 03:52 AM

We have Juniper 4500 backbone switch, all vlan is here. WIFI vlan is 172.17.192.0/20. Aruba controller VLAN1 Ip is 172.17.192.2. All AP reserved IP from Microsoft DHCP. All laptops get IP without problem. 

Problem is cellphone. Cellphone gettting IP via Microsoft DHCP. When i searched i can see mac

address and IP address on DHCp and on Aruba Controller. 

After getting IP, cellphone get 169.X.X.X IP ? But still i can see cellphone mac adress and IP on Aruba and DHCP 172.17.x.x ?

• 2.  RE: Cellphone release IP

Posted Mar 30, 2015 05:58 AM

HI,

Is this happening from the beginning or started after some time. you can try the following work around to diagnose and fix the issue.

1. Clear the IP binding from the DHCP and clear the cellphone from the user table of the controller.[(Aruba3600) #aaa user delete mac <MAC of the cellphone>]

2.Packet capture the client traffic on the wired port where the DHCP is uplinked and understand whether the cellphone is sending any unexpected DHCP messages.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: Cellphone release IP

Posted Apr 06, 2015 04:54 AM

Hello dhanraj,

Its happening from the beginning and some time.

1.All Dhcp IP bindings and Aruba user table of controller cleared, just AP's ip stayed. 

2.Cellphone didnt sent any unexpected DHCP messages. 

We still that problem

dhanraj_puduchery@yahoo.com wrote:

HI,

Is this happening from the beginning or started after some time. you can try the following work around to diagnose and fix the issue.

1. Clear the IP binding from the DHCP and clear the cellphone from the user table of the controller.[(Aruba3600) #aaa user delete mac <MAC of the cellphone>]

2.Packet capture the client traffic on the wired port where the DHCP is uplinked and understand whether the cellphone is sending any unexpected DHCP messages.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 4.  RE: Cellphone release IP

Posted Apr 09, 2015 06:11 AM

Cell phone getting IP over Microsoft DHCP. When i disable cellphone wifi and re-open, its trying obtain ip address and not connect. 

But i can see cellphone ip and mac-address still on Aruba and DHCP. 

Please someone help me ! 

Sorry my english  :(