Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized License

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized License

Posted Jun 24, 2015 09:18 AM

I have two independent controllers each running as master within the same LAN. (I know crazy right)

My question is this. Can I still use centralized license feature so they can share licensing?

If so how would you config it?

• 2.  RE: Centralized License
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2015 09:20 AM

Yes.

Please feel free to read the Centralized Licensing Chapter, if you have not already here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm?Highlight=centralized licensing

• 3.  RE: Centralized License

Posted Jun 24, 2015 09:20 AM
    Yes

• 4.  RE: Centralized License

Posted Jun 24, 2015 09:27 AM

OK.. yeah pretty simple.

enable centralized lic on each controller by hitting the little check mark.

on just one of the controllers put in the other controllers IP address in the License Server IP field

save config...

wait about 15 seconds..... 

poof it's working.

Thanks

• 5.  RE: Centralized License

Posted Jun 24, 2015 11:19 AM

Hi,

Centralised licensing is an independent feature. you just need to enable centralised licensing and make one of the controllers as licensing server so that it can manage the pool.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 6.  RE: Centralized License

Posted Jun 24, 2015 11:28 AM

Hi,

Centralised licensing is an independent feature. you just need to enable centralised licensing and make one of the controllers as licensing server so that it can manage the pool.

Please feel free for any further help on this.