Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized Licensing

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized Licensing

Posted Dec 22, 2014 03:36 PM

Hello guys,

I looked at the user guide. From the configuration that is instructed, it seems there is no difference but want to ask to be sure. 

Do I need to buy new licenses or convert the already present ones by the help of TAC, to provide centralized licenses when I get the redundant controller for my already active controller?

From the configuration it seems that when I entered the licenses and enabling it from the related tab, it automatically finds the redundant controller(if it is up) and turns it into a back up server for licenses and same applies if I want to use a back up server for licenses only.

• 2.  RE: Centralized Licensing
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 22, 2014 03:37 PM

You don't need to do any conversions. Simply enable centralized licensing.

• 3.  RE: Centralized Licensing

Posted Jan 02, 2015 04:50 PM

the centralised licence was introced in the ArubaOS version 6.3 so you have to upgrade to this version or a newest.

for the server you have to only enable the centralised licence feature, for the client you have to enable and specify the IP address of the the server.

when a server is configured as a master (vrrp) , licence server is automaticly redundante.