Wireless Access

New Contributor

Centralized Licensing

I have a question about the "Centralized Licensing".

I have 1 Master controller, which is license server, and two Local controllers as license clients with a license pool of 32 ap licenses.

The Master controller (license server) fails and then I add a new 8 ap license to the first Local controller.

What would happened with the new installed license?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: Centralized Licensing

If your licensing master fails, you have 30 days to replace it before the centralized licenses stop working. Any licenses installed on a physical controller will work in perpetuity on that controller if the centralized licensing master is inaccessible.
Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
New Contributor

Re: Centralized Licensing

Hi Colin,

thanks for your  quick answer.

So the 8 ap license I have installed on the first local controller, after the license server failed, could only be used by this local controller?

The second local controller can not used this 8 ap license, he only uses the centralized licenses for 30 days, right?

If the license server is reachable again, would he add the 8 ap license to the centralized license pool?

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: