Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Centralized licensing and database sync

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Centralized licensing and database sync

Posted May 30, 2014 01:36 PM
    Hi!

Is possible centralized licensing with database sync?
    Database sync needs to configure Master redundancy parameters? If is this true ,can you to configure centralices licensing?

Sorry for my english :(

Best regards!

#ALE

• 2.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2014 04:08 AM

Centralized licensing is configured and occurs independently without database synch.  Once you configure it on the master, it works without having to enable database synch.

• 3.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync

Posted Jun 01, 2014 02:20 PM
      |   view attached

Thank you for your response.

My question , actually i wanted to ask:

if you have a master redundancy with VRRP already can you enable the centralized license and designate the master priamry as the license primary and the standby master as the backup license server?   It appears from the configuration tab for centeralized licenses that you would have to disable the master redundancy and break the configuration link first while keeping VRRP configured.

• 4.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2014 02:22 PM

@carlos.valderrabano@afina.es wrote:

Thank you for your response.

My question , actually i wanted to ask:

if you have a master redundancy with VRRP already can you enable the centralized license and designate the master priamry as the license primary and the standby master as the backup license server?   It appears from the configuration tab for centeralized licenses that you would have to disable the master redundancy and break the configuration link first while keeping VRRP configured.

No.  Please read here:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/Multi__Network.htm

"

Pre-Configuration Setup in a Master/Local Topology

By default, the master controller in a master-local topology is the primary licensing server. If this master controller already has a redundant standby master, that redundant master will automatically act the backup licensing server with no additional configuration. If your primary licensing server does not yet have a redundant standby controller and you want to use a backup server with the centralized licensing feature, you must identify a second controller you want to designate as the backup licensing server, and define a virtual router on the primary licensing server."

• 5.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync

Posted Jun 01, 2014 02:36 PM

sorry for my english..

if you have the master redundancy enable, that redundant master will automatically act the backup licensing server with no additional configuration on the centralized licensing ?

thank you for your help

• 6.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 01, 2014 02:42 PM
    Do not apologize.

No additional configuration is needed.

• 7.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync

Posted Jun 01, 2014 02:56 PM

OK!

I will to test tomorrow.

best regards!

• 8.  RE: Centralized licensing and database sync