Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Certificate Help!!

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Certificate Help!!

Posted Nov 28, 2011 11:11 AM

I am getting ready to upgrade my controller environment and we have decided to install security certificates on our local controllers instead of dong the OCSP workaround.  I was instructed by Aruba to install a Trusted CA certificate which doesn’t have the CRL.  

My question is has anyone done this and what exact type of certificated do I need.  I want to get this right the first time and would appreciate any help

• 2.  RE: Certificate Help!!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 28, 2011 11:44 AM
    It's just an SSL cert. However, finding one that does not use OCSP or a CRL will be the trickey part.

• 3.  RE: Certificate Help!!
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2011 12:47 PM

The key is to find a CA that does include the AIA attribute in the signed server certificate you are purchasing. Typically some of the cheaper SSL certificates exclude this option and try to up sell you to a more secure option that includes the AIA attribute set with OCSP details.

See the post from Jon Green in the following thread for more info.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Guest-Access/Captive-portal-certificate/td-p/17341