Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Changing enable

I need to change the enable password on a 3600 switch.

I have web-gui "root" access.

I know you can change the enable password by going through the Controller Wizard but is there any other way to do this other than the wizard? (the wizard is going to make me reboot because of some other changes I had to do as well and don't want to do that in the middle of the day)

I've tried to SSH in and do the U:password P:forgetme! procedure but that doesn't seem to work. Do you have to be on console for that to work? Trying to get this done remotely for a client.

Thanks in advance !!! 

Mike

Aruba Employee

Re: Changing enable

Jaasperff wrote:

I need to change the enable password on a 3600 switch.

I have web-gui "root" access.

I know you can change the enable password by going through the Controller Wizard but is there any other way to do this other than the wizard? (the wizard is going to make me reboot because of some other changes I had to do as well and don't want to do that in the middle of the day)

I've tried to SSH in and do the U:password P:forgetme! procedure but that doesn't seem to work. Do you have to be on console for that to work? Trying to get this done remotely for a client.

Thanks in advance !!! 

Mike

You need to use the password/forgetme! from the console port on the controller. You cannot use that remotely via SSH.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Regular Contributor I

that's what I figured.

Ok.. well i guess I'll just have to wait and do the reboot via the wizard after hours then.

Aruba Employee

Do you need to change it or was it forgotten?

If forgetten then password recovery method is what you need to do.

If all you need to do is change it then log into the command line as normal and use the command 'enable secret' within configuration mode.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: