Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Single SSID for Windows and Apple Machines

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Single SSID for Windows and Apple Machines

Posted Sep 22, 2014 03:32 PM

Hello Everyone...

I would like to authenticate our corporate owned Windows/Apple Machines connecting to a single SSID.  The Windows machines are authenticating without issue against AD, but I would like to do the same with our Apple Laptops.  We are using dsconifgad commandlet to add the MacBooks to our AD and all Computer accounts are in a separate OU.    I would like to authenticate a user connecting from their apple machine to authenticate that their machine and user is in the domain based on attributes listed in the CPPM  Active Directory Service.  Can this be done? Or can I only authenticate Apple machines that are known corporate devices by a MAC whitelist?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Frank

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Single SSID for Windows and Apple Machines

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 22, 2014 03:38 PM
    Are the Macs authenticating at the login screen or are you doing network single sign on?

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Single SSID for Windows and Apple Machines

Posted Sep 22, 2014 04:29 PM

login screen

• 4.  RE: Clearpass Single SSID for Windows and Apple Machines

Posted Oct 01, 2014 10:09 PM

After speaking with an Engineer at Aruba,  I'm authenticating our apple machines using PEAP-TLS with a machine cert from our Windows CA.   We are using JAMF JSS to push mobileconfigs to our corporate owned devices that includes the AD Cert/Network/Certificate Payload