Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Client History

I have an aruba 650 controller on 6.3

Is there any way of viewing previously connected devices?  I am wanting to be able to tell my customer "On this date you had 'X' number of devices connected"

Thanks in advance

Frequent Contributor II

Re: Client History

To be able to show history like you are asking about, you will need an external service like Aruba Airwave.

The Controller does not save data like this for a long time, while Aruba Airwave logs this history for a long time.

-----------------------------------
-ACMX #352-
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!

Do you have an external syslog and if soo what type of authentication are you using for the clients?

Yes, the preffered way would be some type of extenral monitoring device - Airwave is the best example here.

But if you have stored logs depending on the auth type you might get the statistics you are looking for.

If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!
Super Contributor II

In the syslog server, What type of authentication is required to store such data?
Thanks & Regards
Syed Murad Ali
ACMP ACMA CCNA
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for your replies.  

We don't have an extrenal syslog server nor do we have airwave.  I dont see my customer buying airwave (but can always introduce him to it).  Do you think having an external syslog server is the best way to achieve my goal?

Frequent Contributor II

If you are using 802.1x, you could make a report from the radius server, showing all devices/users that associate on the given date.

Your radius server should allready log this.

-----------------------------------
-ACMX #352-
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Guru Elite

We have ClearPass and AirWave and both are sending syslogs (Splunk) which can build even more complex reports and data streams.

There is a free version of Splunk available for commercial and non-commercial use that allows indexing of up to 500 MB of logs per day.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: