Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Client Moving between APs on different Locals

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Client Moving between APs on different Locals

Posted Sep 18, 2017 02:39 PM

I plan on opening a case in short order unless there is a quick config change someone may be able to point out for me. I have recently switched from a master/master-standby architecture to a master/master-standby with 2 local controllers with more on the way. I have the majority of APs configured for local1 as primary and local2 as secondary and one AP configured to go to local2 as the primary LMS and local1 as secondary. When I as a client roam from an AP on local1 to the AP on local2 I lose Internet Connectivity but if I disconnect from the network and reconnect on the local2 AP everything works fine. I experience the same issue roaming from the AP on local2 to any AP on local1.

Any quick thoughts before I engage TAC?

Thanks,

Rosie

• 2.  RE: Client Moving between APs on different Locals

Posted Sep 18, 2017 03:47 PM
    What's your VLAN / Layer 3 setup across both controllers?

• 3.  RE: Client Moving between APs on different Locals
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2017 04:05 PM

I spoke with our SE and he told us that we would need to disable the "enfoce-dhcp" option in the AAA profile to get this to work. Since the device was roaming between APs and the device didn't request a new IP it couldn't be added to the user table.