Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

have some demo awms running which is feed by some mc800-16 , running 7.4.2-64bit , the APs and the controller are properly shown as "up" and also the status changes if dis-pluggin some RAP or something. But the clients stay all time "0" , but there are connected clients . i wonder that the status is just empty since a few weeks .

im confused where to poll here, cause the normal polling is active and i never had to manual "check" on the airwave webui to fetch the client informations from the controller.

regards

ben

Regular Contributor I

Re: Clients not showing up / but AP + Controller Status showing up

system performance tab says :

Device Polling
SNMP Ping for 1 device(s) took 0.03 seconds (3 mins 44 secs ago)
ICMP Ping for 1 device(s) took 0.20 seconds (25 days 21 hrs 33 mins 46 secs ago)

hm... strange.

Regular Contributor I

i think this has something to do with the latest update which took place in exact this period of time. if checking the AP's table on the Airwave it says "uptime" for all the AP's nearly the same time :

uptime: 25 days 21 hrs 53 mins

i wonder cause the AP's are giving their proper client information to the controller, on the controller looks everything "normal" regarding clients,

still strange ;-)

Aruba

In AMP, the controller is in a group.  On that group's Basic page, is polling for client data enabled?  If not, then I recommend enabling it.  If it is enabled, then something's wrong.  I'd recommend opening a case.

Regular Contributor I

yes; it's enabled :

Client Data Polling Period:10minutes.

already opened some case, they told about setting SNMP timeout to lesser value , and retries higher than "1" , i wonder cause nothing changed here in the controller/AP network , it's seperated from the corporate/guest and quite "low" , only 6 AP's , and 2 RAP#s , therefore nothing much here

regards

Contributor I

Have you already configured SNMP on the controller and airwave server?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: