Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Config AP205RW

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Config AP205RW

Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:34 AM

Hi,

First of all i am not an expert in this. I purchase an ARUBA AP205RW to use as a wifi access point for our network.

At the first installation, unfortunately, i removed the instant wifi network (through the portal). I created a new wifi network with DHCP config.

Now when i connect to this new wifi network from my computer, i try to have access to instant.arubanetworks.com or through the DHCP adress 10.0.1.14 but no way. The initial login and password admin/admin is not accepted on the entrance window.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: Config AP205RW

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 07:39 AM

Is it broadcasting the SSID that you configured? Did you purchase the access point new, or from someone else?  It is possible that someone used that access point in the cloud and whenever it connects to the internet, it downloads the cloud configuration.

• 3.  RE: Config AP205RW

Posted Jul 24, 2018 08:44 AM

It is a new one. The SSID was created to get wifi in my company and i am presently connected on it. The problem is that no way to enter to the instant webpage as admin/admin is not working.

I tried to reset the access point using the reset button (15secs - switch off - 15 secs) but i cannot retrieve the instant SSID i had initially (it was possible to connect to instant.arubanetworks.com using admin/admin (login/password)).

i don't understand your sentence with the cloud....How can i check this?

• 4.  RE: Config AP205RW
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:52 AM

If your SSID is still working, there is no cloud issue.

If you can tell from your DHCP server what ip address it has, did you try to https:// into that ip address or SSH into that ip address?