Wireless Access

New Contributor

Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

Hey All,

We have our Aruba 228 devices being managed through Aruba Central. I would like to modify the called_station_id so that I can apply connection request policies through our NPS servers.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-called-station-ID-and-Calling-station-ID-in-IAP/ta-p/292705

There is no GUI for this, so we need to do this in the CLI.

However, I cannot commit apply any of the changes.

committing configuration...

Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

I've search the documentation off and on for a couple of hours and have found nothing. Is there a way to save the configuration when our devices are managed through Central?

Thanks,

Re: Configuration denied by Aruba Central management

I haven't tried this but have you tried accessing the CLI via the GUI in central and see if let's you apply the change
https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-can-we-access-the-Command-line-CLI-of-an-Aruba-Central/ta-p/180440

Get Outlook for iOS
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
New Contributor

Hi Victor,

Yes, I have seen that article. I am fully able to get to the CLI. I can run any number of commands, but when I try to "Commit apply" to save those settings, I get the Configuration denied by Aruba Central management. Essentially, I stuck a read only mode.

Dennis Peabody
IT Technician II | PAC Worldwide Corporation

15435 NE 92nd Street - Redmond, WA 98052

Phone: 425.202.4023 Cell: 425-559-5375

| dennis.peabody@pac.com | http://www.pac.com|
Aruba Employee

You could consider creating a Template Group instead and configure the AP through templates/variables, that would allow you to configure any CLI command, but note that it is mutually exclusive with GUI so the AP would need the full config through Template instead.

Alternative would be to see if we can add a know in Central to manage this item via GUI.

New Contributor

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think unprovisioning the entire cluster is going to be a viable way to do this.

At this point, I guess I will just have to a create a NPS server for the sole purpose of authenicating this SSID.

New Contributor

Oh yes, the answer I shared was more for first time bringing up the cluster on Central.

Other option could be using template configuration group, if possible.

- Parshad
Aruba Employee

If you disable the license on the AP, it will keep the config and go into Instant mode, allowing you to configure locally from CLI/GUI and continue to operate.

Wait until the AP is offline in central and delete it from monitoring, do the config changes and re-assign the subscription.

Central should now come up and ask if you want to import the exiting config into a new group, or overwrite from existing group - Choose import and you shuld be good to go, no need for down-time or reconfiguration, but you may want to try this out on a stand-alon AP first to make sure you get it right.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: