Wireless Access

Contributor I

Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

Folks,

I need some tips to start of with configuring an IAP-225. We have recently got a 2 IAP-225 but to begin with we only want to configure one. This will act as the master as well as the AP.

How can I start? Is there any document I can refer to?

Thanks,

N.

Guru Elite

Re: Configuration of Aruba IAP-225

MVP

There would have been a quick start guide inside the box as well to follow. 

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Valued Contributor II

HI,

If you have little knowledge on WLAN config, it is very simple. it is completely wizard oriented config.

Step 1 : reset it to the factory settings, you will find a small hole back side of the IAP. Power up IAP and press the button for 30 sec and remove the power while continue pressing the button, as a good practice repeat this for  two times.

Step 2 : Now uplink it to a POE Switch and allow it get a valid IP

Step 3 : After boot up it will broadcast "Instant " SSID, connect your laptop to Instant SSID.

Step 4 : Open browser and it will take you to the web UI of IAP or if you know the IP you can web UI over the wired network.

Step 5 : Now select new WLAN and wizard will be opened to configure the new WLAN.

If you are very new to configure WLAN please go through the videos available online or go through the User guide.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Contributor I

This link helped me getting things online, there is still some stuff that we need to get sorted.

Thanks,

N.

New Contributor

When setting up the 2nd IAP in a cluster - is it necessary to hook it up to the wired switch, or can it configure wirelessly from the master IAP?

Thanks,CV

Guru Elite

it must be wired.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: