Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Confusion between IAP, airwave and Controller Base

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Confusion between IAP, airwave and Controller Base

Posted Apr 11, 2017 11:58 AM

we want to implement Aruba Wireless across our office campus. Recently a survey has been done by a partner of ARUBA and they found total 40nos of AP required (propsed series is AP210). Now i ahve following questionsmy

1) should i go for IAP solution or a controller based solution? in near future may be another 20 APS required ( for next 2-3 years)

2) How Controller(propsed is 7200 series) is diffrent form  aruba NMS(Airwave)?

3) Which one will be more helpful for me NMS or Controller?

4) I want to do user based authentiaction which one be easy to integrate windows Active Directory or Open LDAP? Should i require a Radius Server?

Controller or IAP need to pass the user authentication inforamtion to my Fortigate UTM where user based firewall policy is want to applied.

Note:- I have little budget constraint. Please sugget.

• 2.  RE: Confusion between IAP, airwave and Controller Base

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2017 12:14 PM

Honestly, you should consult your partner and get his opinion.  There are many reasons why you would go with either beyond the questions that you are asking right now..