Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

Hi,

We are starting to use iPads in our company. I want to connect them to our corporate wifi via the Aruba mobility controller.

The corporate wifi has a hidden SSID and is set up with WPA21, AES, 802.1x with PEAP and MSCHAPv2.

However, if I try to connect the iPAD and put in the network name, select WPA2 and put a password in it says cannot join network. Anyone got any ideas?

Aruba Employee

Re: Connect iPad to corporate wifi - WPA2-AES-802.1x- PEAP-MSCHAPv2

You need to choose "WPA2 Enterprise." This should be an option. It is on my iPad2 running 5.0.1.

Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Occasional Contributor I

OK thanks but I get could not find the network. I know the SSID is hidden, but cant remember where the option to unhide the SSID is on the Aruba controller?

Guru Elite

In the SSID profile, under advanced uncheck "hide ssid" and unchek "Ignore probe response request"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry to be really thick but wheres the SSID profile? I assume its somewhere under the configuration tab but I cant see it for the life of me :robotembarrassed:

Guru Elite

nobla wrote:

Hi,

Sorry to be really thick but wheres the SSID profile? I assume its somewhere under the configuration tab but I cant see it for the life of me :robotembarrassed:

Go under Configuration> Wireless> AP Configuration.  Edit the AP-Group that your APs are in.  Expand Wireless LAN; Expand Virtual AP and find the Virtual AP you want to unhide.  Under Virtual AP you should see your SSID profile in the left pane.  Click on your SSID profile and in the Right Pane click on Advanced.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Great, I would NEVER have found that, many many  thanks

Guru Elite

No problem.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor II

We have a hidden admin network ("hide ssid" and "deny_broadcast probes" are checked) and we're having an issue with iDevices staying connected.

once the network is manually configured, everything looks good for a while, but occasionally the devices seem loose the network (does not appear on thier available list, cannot connect). Coverage isn't an issue.

Wondering if there's a way to uncheck one of those options without the network becoming visible to the general public?

Read the documentation on those options, seems like if I uncheck either anyone could see the network.

Anyone else having issues with iDevices and hidden networks (that need to be hidden)?

Thanks!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: